Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

We Survived Tuesday

Thank you to everyone who has left such kind words over the last few days. It has really helped to read your comments.

I was really worried yesterday leaving Jaike home all alone but we made it through alright. Jaike seems okay... a little bit restless and a bit more whiney then usual but he did just make it through his first day alone. My sister Genitta brought over her two cats for a visit in the afternoon but I guess he just hissed at them for a bit and then ignored them. I think I will get him another kitty to have around so he doesn't have to be alone... but not yet... everytime I think about it I just get really frustrated because I just want my Maxx back. I only really cried once yesterday so I'm also starting to feel a bit better... but I really miss that little guy more than words could ever say... I just don't understand how he just died out of the blue... he was so healthy and so happy it just doesn't make any sense.

I did end up coming home for about an hour to visit with Jaike and to make sure he was doing alright and then headed back downtown for cadets a little bit late. I was going to skip out but then I remembered that it was the Commanding Officer's Change of Command parade.

It was kind of neat because my Commanding Officer from when I was a cadet was the reviewing officer. In this picture I have the C.O. that I worked under last year to the left, my old C.O. from when I was a cadet in the middle, and my new C.O. to the right. The kids have been practicing for the parade since they returned in September and they looked really good.

Once again thank you to everyone who has left kind words... it has helped more than you can imagine.

  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •