Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Monday, October 03, 2005

Work, Work & More Work

So I've been working... and kind of neglecting the blog! It seems to be commons lately. I went visiting other blogs and most have not been updated since mid September!

Work is going really good. I am back in my position as Public Education Coordinator for the Drug and Alcohol Program and it has been very busy but also really good. I had my first presentation in one of the high schools last week and I have to admit that I was pretty nervous going in. I haven't done that presentation in almost two years now and I was really second guessing my knowledge on all the drugs. Once I got in it went really well and I didn't even get to the end of the presentation before the bell rang. I did two presentations today and both went really good. One was at one of our high risk high schools and I usually dread going in there but the kids were really good and we had some great discussions (they knew alot!) we even got to talking about cats on mushrooms so it was pretty entertaining.

It is getting busier at cadets as well. I may be going on a camping trip in late October which I am kind of dreading. It started SNOWING today and the cabins where we are going were destroyed by the floods this spring so it sounds like it may be tent camping in the snow... not such a great thing in Alberta in late October!

That being said my godson Avery is heading out for a week at "outdoor school" tomorrow in the snow with his grade six class... good luck to Avery this week! They are sleeping in cabins so he should be able to keep nice and warm even with the snow :)

That's about it for me... leave me a comment and let me know how your life is going!
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •