Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Sunday, July 25, 2004

A Sunday Stroll

I headed out on the trail again this morning and got this cool picture of the reservoir and Calgary Tower in the background. It always surprises me how the tower seems to stand out from the rest of the buildings downtown. When you are at the tower you are surrounded by huge buildings everywhere, yet from a distance it looks like it stands alone.


This is my great friend who keeps me company and keeps me motivated when I go for long jaunts. It is also my roommate and keeps me company everywhere I go...

I was bored later on in the evening so I went for another walk and headed in the opposite direction. I ended up walking through the old neighborhood and saw many old sites. This is my elementary school. My little brother Kent went here ten years after me and the inside looked the same. When I was in elementary school there was no playground, but by the time Kent got here there was one in the back. I remember this school pretty good. I can vividly remember where my kindergarten classroom to grade four classrooms were, and remember taking "computer" classes on the Apple computers!

I moved to St. Cyril's in grade five. There were too many changes for me that year and it probably wasn't the best move to make, but Genitta was going into Junior High and the parents thought we should change schools and go to the same school. Kent was born in the summer before the big move, and as I said there were too many changes too fast. I don't have too many good memories of this school, I remember egging Mr. Desaultes car the week before I was done grade nine. They so knew it was me but could not prove it... very frustrating for them!

And this is the church... my church...

My family was not particularly religious, I was not baptized in any religion, my mom said that she was leaving that for us to decide for ourselves. I think it was around the time that I moved to St.Cyril's and Kent came along that I decided that maybe we were missing out and I set out to discover my spirituality. Genitta thinks she remembers me being baptized here, but I don't think I was. I have a fogged memory like her of seeing people getting dunked in the tank but I am pretty sure that happened during one of the X-mas pageants that I was in. I woke up and walked to Sunday school every Sunday at this non denomination church for a few years. I remember joining the Youth Group for at least a year and then I just kind of stopped going. I was into cadets pretty seriously by then, and also broadening my spiritual views, discovering numerology, reincarnation, mediumship, and many new age theories. This little church will always hold a special place in my heart however... it was my church.



  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •