Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Thursday, February 24, 2005

What A Wonderful World

I had an interesting conversation at work today, and on the drive home I began to think about it once again...

A co-worker and I were sitting on the couches in the phone room at work looking at the paper when he turned to me and asked me what I thought about Peter Jennings. I responded that I thought he was a popular news reporter. He asked if I thought he was a respectable news reporter, so I said I thought he was just a news reporter.

He then pointed out an advertisement that Petter Jennings would be talking about the increase of UFO sightings tonight. I have seen it reported that there is actually a 40% increase in the reported sitings of UFO's in the last year which is substantial so I told him that it didn't surprise me... but it really surprised him that Peter Jennings would do a story like that... if fact he said but it's Peter Jennings not Geraldo or Oprah.

That conversation led into a conversation about whether we believed in UFO's and if they were here. We agreed that if they were here they are obviously not hostile since they would have already destroyed us... but he believed that an advanced civilization would have no interest in us therefore there were no UFO's here... I told him that I did believe in UFO's and that I thought that they probably were here, and that they would be interested in us not for our knowledge and wise ways but maybe for other reasons that have nothing to do with science or advancement... that is where we left the conversation.

On the way home I got to thinking about it again and about how we would really look to an outside civilization looking in... I think they would shake their head at our Governments and how we have organized ourselves, I think they would shake their head at our wars and the meanings behind why we argue and fight, I think they would shake their heads at our greed, the hoarding of goods, homelessness, starvation, and alot of the other things that go on...

Then I started to wonder why we don't do better, or at least try to do things differently... no one is super happy with how things work but we continue to do the same things over and over and over again... We say that we don't agree with corruption but we expect it of our politicians, we excuse it when it benefits us. It was depressing...

Then almost like someone wanted to answer me back Louie Armstrong came on the radio to remind me that while there is alot of crap in this world there is some good stuff and hope for better things as well...

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself,
what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"

I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •