Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Jack May Be Gone :(

I have my suspicions that my favorite blog in the whole wide world may have come to an end today... Jack is a narcotics officer in Texas, who has some really interesting things to say some days, and some of the greatest life stories I have ever read...

It's hard to tell you exactly what it is about Jack's blog that makes it so great, but it is the first site that I check every time I sit at the computer, just to see what issue or event he is ranting about for the day... somedays I agree with him, and others I disagree, but I understand why he feels the way he does (for example Jack hates cats... and I understand why HE would... but I could never imagine ever experiencing what he has with cats and I love them... maybe we have different cats here in Canada... and we don't have cat fever!)

Jack was worried that someone may stumble on his blog at work and that he would be reprimanded for having it. I really hope that didn't happen... and if it did I REALLY hope that he doesn't suffer for it. He really shouldn't because he has always been really respectful and careful not to use real names or facts or breached confidentiality. It really sucks that you can actually be fired or reprimanded for having a place on the net to vent your thoughts and tell your stories. I TOTALLY think that you should be 100% responsible and liable for those things you do write (especially if you decide to write cruel or vindictive things about an individual)... but it should not be frowned upon just for having a blog.

Luckily I have been quite open and honest about my blog at work right from the get go... I often pull it up at work and even force most of my co-workers to visit it... including my supervisor and management. I just can't help it since I feel the need to show off my pictures and posts!

I really hope that this is not the last we hear of you Jack you are truly an American Hero, one of the most honorable Americans I have ever (kind of) met. I was so excited the day I noticed my blog up on the link section of your blog! If it is the end of your blog I do hope that we see the occasional comment here and there so we know you are old there fighting crime and doing good... This really really really really really SUCKS... we're losing all the really great ones!
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •