Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

My Phone Tried To Kill Me

The strangest thing happened today... my phone tried to kill me while I was talking to a lady about the possibility of coming out to do a workshop on depression.

I was mid sentence when the phone "popped" and electricity shot out of the handset into my ear. I can't even really explain it but it buzzed REALLY loud and I saw sparks coming from the side of my head!

The popping noise that the phone made was the exact popping sound you hear when you short out a speaker or something. My phone is now dead to the world and the switchboard said for a while this afternoon that I did not exist... At the end of the day the switchboard said I was there but the phone was still dead to the world.

How am I? You may be wondering... well I am completely fine but I have to admit that the "electricuted" ear feels as if it is much clearer that the "non-electricuted" ear. Maybe the heat cleaned out all the wax? I am really not sure... and I may never trust a phone again!

Oh and the bank phoned and left a message... I am not looking forward to calling them back however since the lady said, please give me a call back... it's not good news (nice message to come home to... at least leave me with some hope!)

I really don't seem to be having much luck this month so I am going to be extra careful for the next couple of weeks as well... wish me luck!
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •