Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Saturday, January 01, 2005

A Look Back At 2004

1. What did you do in 2004 that you’d never done before?
I started my blog in 2004

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t keep my new years resolution… it was to quit smoking. This year I want to quit smoking AND get more organized!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes we welcomed Payten Shandler into this world in 2004!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one close to me died but two of my sister’s friends passed away WAY too young!.

5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed in Canada ALL YEAR.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
I want to do more things and have more adventures and stories to share. I need to be on the computer less and in the real world more.

7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 26th, the Tsunami that cause so much heartache and destruction.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Training new volunteers who gave back to the community and helped hundreds this year.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Knowing what I need to do but not putting the effort in to get it done.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I have been having problems with my stomach and tons of lung problems… I really need to quit smoking.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Easiest question yet… that would be my digital camera :)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I am happy with how the whole world seems to be coming together to help those whose lives were shattered only days ago on December 26th.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The politicians… always the politicians sadly.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Up in smoke, computer games, and the occasional beer.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The release of Sims 2 (sad isn’t it… but true)

16. what song will always remind you of 2004?
The only one I can think of is one thing by fingers eleven.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder?
About the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Socializing and spending time with people

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Wasting hours upon hours on the computer and having nothing to show for it.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With parents, my siblings, my cousins, aunts, uncles, and my godsons.

20. How will you be spending New Years?
I will be spending it with my best friend and godson Avery.

22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
No

23. How many one-night stands?
None.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Lost… Thanks to Kyle who got me interested in it.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate anyone.

26. What was the best book you read?
I did not read many books but I found the best blogs ever in Texas Jack, Trashman, Pretty Boy Jay and recently HeroineGirl.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I had no musical discoveries

28. What did you want and got?
A digital camera… and a palm pilot

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn’t get out much this year… and I haven’t seen many good movies.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30 and I cannot remember what I did for my birthday… probably went for drinks with my cousin Ronaye.

32. What is one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Accomplishing more, getting ahead in life, finding someone to enjoy life with

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
I love the comfy clothes, but this year I actually started to dress a little bit sharper.

34. What kept you sane?
I met some great new people at work who have become friends… they have kept me sane and at other times have made me insane (which is fun as well)

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I can’t think of one :(

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Alberta government paying off their debt and deciding where to spend the money, Ralph Klein’s arrogant remark regarding AISH recipients (something about people on disability insurance really just being lazy)

37. Who did you miss?
Kelly Janzen

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably Susan, but there were a few really good ones.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Enjoy today, because tomorrow everything is going to change and you can never get this experience back.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I sold what I could and packed what I couldn't
Stopped to fill up on my way out of town
I've loved like I should but lived that I shouldn't
I had to lose everything to find out
Maybe forgiveness will find me somewhere down this road
I'm movin' on
- Moving On, Rascall Flatts
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •