Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Quick Trip To Toon

I was talking to my buddy Nav at work a few weeks ago and he told me that he was planning on driving up to Saskatoon to attend his friend's bachlor party June 24th - 26th. I asked him if I could come along for the ride since I had the week booked off and really have been meaning to get up and see my godsons. I have vacation time that started on Monday and goes until Wednesday July 4th so I got my on call covered for Sunday night and off we headed to Saskatoon on Sunday afternoon at about 1pm.

Nav was great conversation. We decided that we just HAD to stop in Hanna for gas and to get a picture of US in the town that produced NICKLEBACK (this is quite a big deal I guess!).

The stop over in Hanna was pretty quick and we got back on the road... and back to some more great conversation :)

This was our awesome view of Saskatchewan flatness with the added pleasantness of squashed bug guts on the windshield that we experiences after Hanna...

Our next stop was in Kindersley. Nav had a very favorite gas station to stop at in both Hanna and Kindersley... I think it is inspired somehow by greyhound buslines...

We got to Saskatoon just after 8pm so we made really good time. Ronaye did forget I was coming somehow so when I got there I got a hold of her on her cell (she was at pike lake) and told her t get her ass back to Saskatoon... she got back with the boys... I visited them for about half an hour and then we drove them back to their dad's house and headed out for the night.

It was Sunday night and not much was open... we headed to Bud's on Broadway but it was closed so we ended up at a bunch of other little pubs along Broadway... we kind of bar hopped around all night but the strange thing was that there was the same people everywhere we went so I guess everyone else were doing the exact same thing.

On Monday morning we woke up to tons and tons of rain. Ronaye had about a million errands to run so we drove al around Saskatoon all day long... it was kind of fun :)

At 3:30 we rushed over to Montgomery School and picked up frick and frack for some fun. We decided that it would be fun to go bowling and then out for a buffet dinner!

Ronaye couldn't really play because she was all broken with a numb leg...

But Avery, Jordan, and I had a blast first with a game of "traditional" bowling and then with a game of "challenger" bowling!


I got my butt kicked but it was a lot of fun to hang out with my favorite boys for a few hours!

Look at my little teenager!

This is Jordan's "STRIKE CELEBRATION" move :)

Ronaye did have one attempt at the pins before we left!

After we got tired and finished up with bowling it was off to the "Smilley Buffet" for some chow... it was not the best buffet I have been to the boys both ate a ton and we had good conversation so it was still a great dinner out.


We had to take the boys back over to their dad's again once we were done dinner so we did that, went for a quick visit to my Uncle Neil and Aunt Cathy's and saw both of them and my cousin James and then headed back to Bud's on Broadway...

We met up with Ronaye's friend Nat and had a few drinks at Bud's... headed over to Riley's for a few more.... and then back to Bud's after hours for just one more... it was a busy night... we finally got home just after 4:30!

I slept until noon this afternoon until Nav called me to tell me he was on his way to pick me up. The trip home was just as good as the way up but I was too tired and lazy to take any more pics... and that was my quick trip to the toon!
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •