Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Still Here

Okay I know that it has been a ridiculously long time since I've updated...

I didn't mean to leave it so long but my computer was broke... then I fixed it and finally got my pictures from Europe downloaded... then the computer broke again! I could have probably updated from work but I didn't cause I guess I just didn't have much to say...

I've got myself set up now with a new computer and promise to try to update more often :)

My new computer is pretty cool. I got myself an HP Pavilion m7580n. The coolest thing about it is that it has a tv tuner with video in and out so it's going to make a lot of my video editing projects much easier and I can now record all of my tv programs thru the computer. This is especially nice since my vcr has been broken for about five months and I've been missing MANY programs. It works like tevo so I can pause or rewind live shows while I am watching them and it has a built in TV guide as well. The shittiest is that it records the shows in microsoft file type that makes each show like 5gigs so it eats up memory pretty quick until you watch and delete them. I have 300gigs on the computer and bought an extra 300gig external drive to backup my broken computer so with 600gigs of memory I should be okay for awhile ")

I have also been trying to go thru all my stuff and do a good clean out of all the old stuff I really don't need anymore. I am going to rent out my house for a year so I can save up a good chunk of money to get myself a new car and maybe some new furniture. My Uncle was at my parents for the last few years in the second bedroom in their basement and he just moved back to Holland. It's a really nice opportunity to get ahead and it'll be really nice to come home and have someone there... cause it can be lonely living all alone sometimes. I am more concerned about who I rent my place to than I am about when I actually make the move so that will probably happen in the next few months but who knows when. The biggest problem with the plan is that I have ALOT of stuff that there really isn't a lot of room at my mom's for so I really have to clean out my storage room and downsize. I have my old '93 Buick Century for sale as well for $900 cause it has basically been parked for the last year and I probably won't been using it again... I can't even count the times I have done this and had two cars at the same time! One person really only needs one car! At first I thought I would keep it so that if my Sentra broke down I could have a back up car... but really if my Sentra doesn't die soon by the time it does the Buick will be rusted and not running anymore as well. I WILL however been very unimpressed if the Sentra dies right after I finally sell the Buick!

Congratulations on the new kitty Jenna! I heard that you had finally gotten yourself a little kitten and I would love to come by and meet the new little guy sometime soon!

Other than that I have been working tons getting my volunteers out into the schools since the students are all back in class and I'm back at cadets again on Tuesday nights so things are busy as usual. I promise to have new pictures and a new update soon! :)
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •