Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Saturday, August 12, 2006

In The Netherlands

Well we made it to the Netherlands!!! It was a really long flight with 11 hours between smokes but well worth the trip.

It was midnight at home but 7am in Holland when we arrived so we tried to stay up as long as possible, we headed downtown to the market to wake us up. My uncle Hank took up to his favorite pub "Club Toon"" for a few could Heineiken's... it was great!

The market was on since it was Thursday so we toured around and bought a few items from the vendors.

Kent and I are staying with my cousins Laura and Rudy just outside of Schagen in the countryside. They call it Poolland.

It is really nice because it is only about ten minutes outside of town but it has a real country feel and you get to cross a little bridge to get to the road.

We are really comfy there since my cousins both gave me and Kent their rooms!

We went back downtown for a little more shopping on Friday with my Uncle Jan.

For some reason Kent has turned really religious and has this fasination with taking pictures of the churches at every angle possible.

Jan was a great tour guide and pointed out the first house that my Dad lived in.

It was in the apartments above the stores behind the black car. I guess there were 32 kids and 6 adults living in the upstairs there.

He also took us through the alley to show us the little back yard and where the single outhouse used to be.

This is just next door where the priest of the Catholic church lives. I was scared that the priest would run outside and push Kent off his fence.

The brickwork in Schagen is absolutely amazing... everywhere you go the everything you see is brick.

It's been a really great trip so far. We're all looking forward to Dad getting here on Tuesday!

Right now I am at my Uncle Lou and Aunt Anneke's..for dinner. Next time I am over or if I come across an internet cafe I will be sure to update :)

  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •