Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sleep Is Good...

I moved my cats over to my moms house at the end of last weekend to get them used to the new house and my mom's two cats before we head out to Europe.

Ben hid as soon as we got there... he somehow figured out how to get under the recliner and stayed there until after dark. As soon as everyone went to bed he sniffed around the basement pretty good and got quite relaxed and has been great ever since.

Jaike was very pissed off when we arrived but toured around the whole house right away meowing his head off. I thought that he would adjust the best since he lived here for a few months a few years ago but once everyone went to bed his "meowing" turned into a loud "mooing" and he woke me up every ten to twenty minutes the first night.

My very first cat who has always lived at my mom's "Spook" has been the best. He does not hiss at my cats and couldn't really care less that they are there... he did come downstairs the first day and quite blatently pissed all over the basement mat however!

Lynx is my mom's baby and he is really not impressed that my cats are here at all but he has also been really good about the whole situation. He hisses and growls if my cat comes near... and yesterday he came downstairs and decided to piss on my bed like a dog! My matress was standing up against the wall but he stood beside it... raised his leg and pissed on it... like a dog... I couldn't believe it!

This is my bed... it's not so bad but it's in the middle of the basement and Jaike continued to keep me awake "mooing" every ten to twenty minutes the second night as well... it was very very frustrating... I had thoughts of locking him in the laundry room, or taping his loud mouth shut!

The highlight of day two was a visit from my beautiful niece Tevin! We planned out how we are going to change my mom's front window into a fort in a few years when she is old enough and had a great afternoon playing :)

Last night my mom saved me and found me ear plugs that worked wonderfully... I finally got to sleep and it was a good thing because I was really starting to lose my sanity!

This morning I got up and all 4 cats were sitting in the living room with no hissing or growling... they all just layed there and stared at each other.

These two actually are getting pretty close to each other... they may end up friends after all... and as of tonight all have been seen using the litter box so hopefully we will have no more obnoxious accidents.

It's been kind of fun hanging out with the family... last night my Uncle Jan treat us all to dinner at boston pizza and today my mom made my favorite dinner ever! (Ginger Beef and Cantonese Noodles!!!)

My dad was downstairs tonight, picked up a white lighter and said "whose lighter is this?". Both Kent and I said "it's mine" at the same time so he claimed us both liers and took the lighter with him. A few minutes later Kent noticed the lighter was back on the table on my dad's smokes with a big "T" written on it. We laughed and Kent decided he was going to add to it so I told him to change the "T" to "Twit"... not sure if dad found it funny but it was freaking hillarious!

I will try to keep updated but I'm going onto night shift at work next week and I'm battling with this guy to get onto the computer to update. Jenna I signed up for as many shifts as I could with you before you leave so get ready for the all nighters! I'm looking forward to it! (and I better not lose my most dedicated reader!!!)

More on the saga soon...

  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •