Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Grandma Lil

I went to Vernon this weekend with my brother Kent and my father Bruce to go and visit my Grandma Lil. She had her hair done right before this picture was taken and looked absolutley wonderful!

Grandma Lil took us for a tour of her new home which is the Vernon Rest Holm. She really is comfortable there with her new best friend "the other Lilly". This is the view right out her bedroom window. It really is beautiful there.



She took us for a little walk and we saw all of the grounds which is a bautiful little park with many little benches along the way to stop and rest :)



My sister Genitta couldn't make it for the trip but she was definitly with us in our minds and in many of our stories. In fact our motel room was right across the street from the Tac Mobility in Vernon. Genitta used to work for Tac Mobility and knew the owners quite well. We had one very memborable trip to Kelowna up the street for a Tac Mobility event a few years back so I thought it was kind of neat that Tac was right across the street.


We were just up the street from Grandma and had a few really nice nights telling stories and watching movies on the tube . Unfortunetly Grandma had a hear attack early Saturday morning and went into the ICU unit of the Vernon hospital. That didn't stop our visit however! We were able to get in to visit her for about an hour after lunch on Saturday and then headed to the beach for about an hour.

This is a me and Bruce taking a self portrait on the beach.

and this is Kent and Bruce getting out of the water. I didn't put on my swimsuit so I didn't go for a swim but Kent and Bruce said is was warm and gorgeous. Kent wants to get a few friends together and go back camping very soon. After the beach we took two angels Linda and Fergi out for dinner. Linda and Fergi take care of Grandma's everyday needs and appointments. They are the reason that I can sit back in Calgary and know that Grandma is well taken care of. They are truly two angels on earth!

We went back this morning and got to spend a little over an hour with Grandma before we headed back out on the road. She was looking a lot better when we left than she did when we arrived so I think she is going to be alright. It was a really nice trip and I feel really fortunate that I was able to get out there for a visit!

  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •