Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

In The Life...

I'm home today sick with a cold and a bit of the flu. I think the worst of it is over but I'm still pretty stuffed up with my head feeling like a log. I figured that if nothing else I should at least get the blog updated for you all :)

Kelly got his new vehicle at the beginning of the week. It is a 1990 Toyota Forerunner. I think he is enjoying his new found freedom but unfortunetly is had a problem starting this morning so cross your fingers that it was only being cranky with the rainy weather lately and that it is not anything major. The poor guy has really not had much luck lately!

I got a new shirt last week from my mom and I really love the color of both the blue and the green trim... it is very summery!

We also had a very creative vandal last week at work. I guess someone tried to break into the front windows but the broken glass ended up looking just like an angel... I really like it cause it makes it look like the building is blessed. Irwin came out for a smoke and decided that it didn't look like an angel at all... he says that it's a lady with a bonet on and a mouse sitting on the top of her head... but he's wrong... it's an angel.

On Wednesday Kim, Karyanne, and myself hosted a bar-b-que for the KARE program which includes the addictions educator volunteers from the Distress Centre, and the suicide and mental health educators from the Canadian Mental Health Associtation.

It was a really rainy few days and it cleared up for a bit while we had the bar-b-que but the attendance was not as high as I had hoped for.

It was a really nice bar-b-que and a nice opportunity to do some networking with the staff and volunteers working with the program.

Kelly had Zak and Ceilee this weekend and he was also sick with this cold and flu. His mom was in town so Saturday he took the kids for a visit and a swim at the hotel. We got a new LCD projector at work on Friday so I brought it home to check it out and to figure out how all the features and gadgets work. I set it up and we had a pizza & popcorn party night on Saturday.

Work has slowed down since the last day of classes for the Calgary Board of Ed was last week. I have a few presentations at the college next week and am going to do a bit of work with the John Howard Society in July but until September that is it... summertime here we come!

  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •