Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Monday, May 29, 2006

Kelly's Back

It was a pretty busy weekend. Busier than most at least!

Kelly was my roommate for a few years a couple of years back, he was looking for a place to call home for a little while so he gave me a call to see if he could come live at my place. I said of course and than realized I had some work to do if there was going to be any room in my little house for him to move some stuff in!

I decided to move into the second bedroom so the first task was to move all my furniture, clothes, and everything else out of one room and into the other. I still had not taken any of the boxes and crap back upstairs from when I renovated a few months ago so that was task number two. Then there was the fridge... Kelly bought a pile of groceries to replenish the fridge which meant that I had to deal with my pathetic fridge which had a bunch of molded food in it and also had syrup running down the walls and all over the bottom from when that bottle spilled a few months ago. It felt like I was doing little tasks all weekend but it also really felt good after I was all done because it was all stuff that I have been meaning to get to but just was not motivated at all to actually do.

The battery also finally died on me on Sunday. It has been having problems for over a month and I had a feeling that it was on it's last legs so it wasn't a huge surprise but still sucked and was another task to add to the list. Kelly was super helpful with that as well, he bought a new battery and pretty much figured out how to get the old corroded battery (the screws were old, rusted, and would not budge an inch) out and got the new battery installed and in place. It was a good weekend and really nice to have Kelly around again... he really can be a handy guy :)

  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •