Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Calgary Stampede

I went to the Calgary Stampede Grandstand show with my mom and a few other relatives who were in town for the wedding last weekend. I haven't seen the show in quite a few years so it was really nice to go again.

I went for a quick walk around the park once we got there and good ols Terry Stokes the magician was up on the coca-cola stage doing his hypnotism show... Terry Stokes has been at that stage at the exact same time doing the exact same show since I first started going to the Calgary Stampede like 25 years ago!

Everything else at the Stampede grounds seemed to be in the exact same place as the last time I saw it as well.

We headed to the Grandstand early in order because we had "rush seating" and had to rush to get some good seats for the show.
And surprisingly me, Alli, and Freda discovered that the smoking pit was actually the best place in the house to get pictures of the chuckwagon races!

And after many rounds of chuckwagon races the sky finally got dark and the real show began...

It was a really great show!

  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •