Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

One Year Ago Today...

I started the blog one year ago today.

I began reading other people's blogs and decided that I wanted to create my own... I really wanted to keep it up for a year with the intention of copying all of the material after a year, taking it to Kinko's and having a book created.

The perfect photo album with a quick write up and a few pictures from every day in the year... kind of like a year in the life of Sasha... I think it's pretty cool that I can do that now.

The blog has really turned into so much more than my own evolving photo album however...

I have gained an invaluble readership, and I know deep down that with out them I would have probably abandoned the project long ago! It is a strange forum... this blog thing.

My cousin Ronaye was most definitely my first commenter and reader. In fact she started up her own blog once I started mine and we both got our digital camera's on the exact same day. Ronaye is very helpful and leaves me comments reminding me to update when I get lazy and fall behind :)

Genitta and Tavis also got onboard right away and motivate me to run next door to get my camera, post pictures, and Genitta always lets me know that she has been by and that she has read the post by leaving me a few words in the comments (all bloggers really do love getting comments). I appreciate that they both take a few minutes out of their day to check for a new post.

Jenna works the overnight shift on the crisis lines at work and is usually the first to read my post and leave a comment. I think Jenna was the first person at work that I showed my blog to and she always leaves me the most supportive comments. She was even supportive when the phone electrocuted me in January and everyone else laughed!

Nav is definitely at the top of the list of MyDial Fans. I really look forward to Nav's comments... both on the blog and at work in the hallway. Nav is moving away to become a doctor but I've seen his new laptop and will be expecting DAILY comments to keep me updated on what he is up to... better yet maybe it is time for "Nav's Reality Dial On The Net"!

Jav... well what can I say, you were really climbing up to the top of the fan list... but then you disappeared... and when I think about it you really didn't have much to say.

Then there is the blog community... There are a few blog's and a few people out there who have become a part of my daily life. I was in seventh heaven the first time that Jack left a comment on my post, devistated when he decided to stop blogging and estatic when he reconsidered. The same when Jay left a comment... it was like being contacted by a celebrity! I love reading about their views and seeing what they are up to every day and honored that they were by to check out my site.

I came home with a story to tell,
but had no one to share it with,
I wrote it up,
sent it out,
and you told me that you listened

Mom, Dad, Kent, Rob, Becky, Bruce, Patty, Daphne, DC Staff and everyone else who has left comments or even just shared my blog with me this past year Thank You...
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •