Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Friday, May 27, 2005

AADAC Youth Services

Today I was invited to AADAC Youth Services to celebrate 15 years of service to youth.

It was a really great get together, they had invited a number of old staff members to come and celebrate with them so I got to see a bunch of people that I have not seen for a few years. They have renovated the building recently so I was also given a tour to see the changes... overall it was just a great day.

One of the counsellors Kristin gave a really nice speach as well where she told a story about hiking up a mountain with one of the kids... they were both pretty exhausted and stopped half way up to take a break. They got to talking about how life can sometimes feel like you are just going, going, going until you finally reach the top and then die! They also talked about how they could prevent that from happening and the kid said "I guess you just have to remember to take a break once in a while and appreciate the view, acknowledge the work you've already done"...

I'm glad that AADAC was part of my journey so far and it was great to sit back today and appreciate that part of my journey.


The kids also made us each a beautiful picture and frame to take home with is.
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •