Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Not Good Enough

I bought myself a really cheap watch on the weekend and the damb wristband on it broke tonight... I finally get a watch after six months and it lasts for two days and it's useless... will I ever get to know the time???

I've been in trouble at work it seems, but not in trouble at the same time. It can be strange around there sometimes. I'm being told that I am doing a good job and am valued... but that I am not really qualified for my job... which I don't understand because if I wasn't qualified then how could I be doing a good job?

I hold my full time position there and also have a relief position which means I feel like I'm working all the time but it gives me the opportunity to get extra cash and make just enough for my mortgage and bills (I cannot work overtime with my job but I get lieu time if I work long hours in my f/t position). I just got fired from my relief position today... it hurts cause I was struggling with the bills before this and now that's a few more hundred down the hole. I didn't mess up, nobody complained, and they are not saying that I was doing a bad job... they just decided that after me working the position for over a year that I am just not qualified.

It's the biggest reoccuring theme in my life and I just don't get it. I try hard... too hard at times to be good and do it all right... but it always comes down to, we like you, and you do such a good job, but your not good enough. Relationships, career, finances, you name it... I'm good... but apparently not good enough...
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •