Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Happy Birthday Kelly Janzen

Today is one of my best friend's Birthday!

Kelly is turning 36 (and aging quite well). For his birthday I'm posting one of my favorite pictures that came from one of my favorite days in my whole life.

This is a picture from the first year I met Kelly. He had just arrived in Calgary and was living on my good friend (and Kelly's cousin) Geoff's couch. He was a red neck from Winnipeg and I was a young punk in college. It had to have been around 1993 so Kell was 25/26 and I was 19/20. The gang which consisted of Geoff, Brenda, Me and Kell decided to drive up to Banff for the day. The boys were gonna jump into one of the lakes (it was way too early in like April/May or something and they almost died of hypothermia), me and Brenda filmed them jumping in and then we went up the gondola for awhile. I think I had a broken ankle or something as well but I can't remember. We stopped for ice cream, Kelly almost got bitten by a road goat that he tried to take a picture of, and on the way home Kelly was trying to hit on these chicks in a car passing ours and he wanted to borrow Brenda's lipstick to write his number on the window but she wouldn't let him. Kelly pouted away and then figured out another way to pass them his number... then Brenda pouted because he passed them his number! It was pretty funny and good times to be had for all. Wayne (my other best friend in the whole world) came over as soon as we got home and we had an awesome night hanging out. If I recall correctly I believe we ended up trying to smoke mushrooms, and joked around calling Kell a fucking fem all night cause it got him quite upset and it entertained us :). The whole time we filmed the day and me and Geoff cut a pretty cool video from the footage (I was in the Broadcasting program at the college at the time). Kell's key line in the whole video was... "I have been accepted... I am so happy".

Happy Birthday Kell! Hope it's a great 36!
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •