Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Monday, June 28, 2004

Grumpy Jessica


I couldn't decide what to write about today but I finally decided to tell you about my officemate Jessica.

I walked into the office today and the first thing Jessica told me was that she was grumpy. I thought oh no, this is going to be a long day!

She actually wasn't that bad at all. I ended up getting grumpy for a bit but that was only because my computer kept on turning itself off without warning and I lost the same damb three paragraphs about four times in under an hour. I couldn't figure out why at all... I checked the power management, but it wasn't set to turn off the system at all. Then I tried to troubleshoot by timing the intervals between shut outs but it was without rhyme or reason... first 11 minutes, then four, then six. The other strangest thing was that I couldn't just power it back up I had to unplud the power cord and plug it in two or three times and then it would power up again. We called our computer tech company and the rep came and took the PC away. I guess the power unit in the back was blown, luckily I got it back at noon.

Anyways I strayed away from my Jessica talk. I guess I was just thinking about it and considering she was sick, frustrated, and over worked she wasn't too bad at all... I'm pretty lucky as far as the office mate situation goes. SUCH a change from my last place of employment... but that is a longer story for another day!

Hope you feel better soon Jess :)
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •