Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Friday, June 25, 2004

All Work and No Play



I've scheduled myself for extra shifts in the next few weeks and am going to be at work quite a bit. I picked up extra shifts this Saturday and Sunday, one extra shift next weekend, and extra shifts on the next two Saturday and Sunday's after then.

It may end up being brutal but the extra cash will really be nice. I am really lucky that I have got the opportunity to pick up a few extra shifts as paid shifts because now that I am on salary in this job, if I work a long day then I get time in lieu but there is no overtime pay so it can be hard to get extra cash and get ahead.

The thing I loved best about working at Radius with Richard was once in awhile we would get paid or get some money and when we did he always paid me really, really well and out of the blue I would have a thousand dollars out of the blue. It was the best money every since it wasn't budgeted out before I got it. I could always pay off my Visa's or just have some extra cash to do something for myself.

I haven't decided what I am going to do with my extra thousand that I will get for all these extra shifts but I sure am having fun deciding! It is down to putting in a new hardwood floor in the house or maybe going on a vacation to visit Geoff in Texas as soon as I can get some time off (probably September). I would love to finally see his home in Texas (I've finally accepted he probably isn't coming back!).

I'll let you know as soon as I decide...
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •