Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Thursday, June 17, 2004

More Hockey Night


New blog online so I can't help but post more about last night's hockey action. It was actually alot of fun. With the Calgary Flames being in the Stanley Cup hockey seems to be a very popular activity lately. The neighborhood kids dragged the net back and forth to the back of my house since we have the best slab of concrete (newly paved last year), and since construction was being done back there everyone has been parking at the front leaving a good size area for them as well. Now they are leaving the net and some equipment behind the house since it is easier than dragging it around.


Anyways as I was saying all the neighborhood kids were out at first and they actually had quite a game going. My godson Jordan arrived with my brother Kent first and then me other godson Avery showed up right behind them. Everyone wanted Kent on their team but I think that it ended up being Kent (the biggest guy) and Jordan (the littlest guy) against the rest.


My cousin Ren trotted down the path to see if the kids could stick around and play out back while she went to help her brother move, my other cousin Rob (Rob's girlfriend Becky is pregnant and we are very excited).


This meant that Ave and Jordie got to stay out later than the other kids and after the other kids went home Kent and Jordie took some shots of Ave in the net. This is my favortie save shot of all the ones we got. Avery dropped his stick and bounced the ball off his glove. If you look over his shoulder you can see the ball right above his glove (looks like it is almost sitting on top of the tree).


In the end we decided to take a picture to show "Hey, this kids got potential". That is the look that Kent is giving here. I borrowed the digital camera last night to get these shots but I really do need one really soon so I can continue bringing great pictures and great stories from my world to you... :)
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •