Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Wyckham


I have been thinking a lot about a very important family member I lost, the family member I am speaking of is my cat Wyckham and please do not laugh as I cannot name a family member I have lost as much as I miss my Wyckham.

Wyckam would probably not be my pick of the litter in a million years! She was short haired, female, and whinny and possibly the exact opposite of anything I would pick in a cat... but my new roommate Wayne brought her home and I instantly fell in love. I told Wayne how awesome it would be if we named her Wyckham since that is where we all started hanging out (Wyckham house in Mount Royal College) and he soon agreed even though it was a very inappropriate name for a female cat. Then there was Wyckham...this cat was the semi runt of the liter from the start, We got her when I was like early 20's and she put up with a lot of drunken irrational people etc... I even remember her betting into a bag of mushroom that was lying around the house and going crazy trying to claw my eyes out for a full day. I was out of it and couldn't figure out why Wyck wanted to kill me all of a sudden!We all calmed down eventually and figured out we were all alright.

Wyckham was weird and unpleasant to everyone she met, but she trusted and loved me completely. Although it wasn't the first time I have felt this (as it is a wave and a feeling I have felt from my mother since the day I was born), it was probably the first time I stood back and took notice of unconditional love in it's purest form. She trusted me with all her heart. She loved and trusted me everyday, and hissed, was annoyed by, and had no trust in anyone else in this world.


Wyckham was Wayne's cat... but not really. From day one she was mine and although he didn't know it my new friend Wayne gave me the best, most precious gift ever concievable. I remember when I moved out Wayne said to me "well you can leave the cat" but that was not even realistic, she came and lived with me at my mother's and then everywhere I moved she came along.

Wyckham got sick pretty young and I had to make the very difficult choice to put her down. She was a VERY stressed out cat from day one and eventually developed a lot of urinary problems. It was painful for her and could not be cured so I scheduled for her to be put down at 2:30pm on July 31st, 2000. It was the hardest thing I ever did. I let her go outside really early in the morning to enjoy her last day and when I tried to call her in she kept on running off because it was a beautiful day and she didn't want to come in. She was feeling pretty good that day and I felt so guilty for cutting her day in the sun short to... well say goodbye to her forever. I really almost didn't go, but I was also moving out of my dreamhome that day into a grungy basement suite and she couldn't come. So we went.. I miss her.


Wyckham January 1994-July 2000
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •