Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Monday, December 20, 2004

My Sims Disaster

I updated the new patch for Sims 2 and it totally screwed up the graphics for the game (which totally pissed me off!)...

I downloaded the new driver from nVidia and that made it even WORSE with everything on the screen that was previously white actually disappearing from the screen...

I then tried to unload Sims 2 with out erasing the saved games in order to fix and but that did not work...

so I tried erasing the install and erasing the saved games in hopes of getting rid of the patch.... that STILL didn't work since I still had no white objects...

I finally found my old start up disk... unloaded Sims 2 entirely, unloaded the all of the graphic drivers from the computer and then spent a little over an hour reinstalling the OLD graphic drivers from my start up disk and reinstalling the Sims 2.

I now have it back up and running but I have lost all of my new content... all the music files on my computer (I forgot I moved my music folder to the game directory so I could listen to music thru sims), and about a million hours of game play...

Oh well here we go again!
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •