Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Wellington Stars

I am at work today. I came in last night to cover off and agreed to stay until the houseparents get back from their Christmas Holidays at 4pm.

I decided to start taking down the decorations and started with the Christmas Tree Stars. The Christmas Stars was a new idea that I came up with this year and that I absolutely love. At the beginning of December one of the youth at the house moved out into one of our more independent programs which left a bed open at Wellington. The intake process did not end up going well for the open bed and I was predicting the month may get pretty chaotic so we decided to take the opportunity to celebrate the kids and staff at the program and just what a great group we have. I thought that it would be good to boost ourselves and do some team building BEFORE the stress started! We gathered around with cut out stars and christmas trees and wrote down appreciative messages. It was really awesome to be able to randomly pull messages and read them over the holidays and today I read them all over again as I took them off the tree. I think we should do this again next year!


These were my messages from this year:
Sasha, you are a great listener/advice giver and you have a great laugh
Sasha you are such a positive person and always make me laugh
Sasha Thanks for being always willing to help.
Sasha you share a lot of ideas, appreciate your non-ending humor
Sasha Thank you for your help with YAP. Thanks for your rides and spending time with me.
Sasha I love your food prep stories + experiences Tim
Sasha. The greatest schemer ever!
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •