Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Friday, January 01, 2010

01.01.10


Well it is the first day of a brand new year! I have a new years resolution to get back to journalling so I am going to post - even when I don't feel like I have anything to post about!

I am not working today and am having a really lazy day overall. I was up until about 5am so I had a late start and stayed in bed until about 12:30 when I was awoken to the sound of my cell phone going off. It rang a few times so I thought I should get up to see who was calling. It was my weekend relief staff at the group home wanting permission to go to a movie and by the time I returned the call they had called my boss and got the okay. The stove stopped working two days ago so they also wanted to go to McDonald's today and order a pizza tomorrow... it made me cranky... I told them if my boss already said yes to all their request then whatever but that I really can't understand why no one can figure out how to feed themselves using the microwave and crockpot that they seem to be able to use every other day. And so the year begins :)

I spent most of the rest of the day (as I seem to do most days off) just browsing around on the internet. I watched an interesting documentary on youtube called "Who Killed The Electric Car" about General Motor's EV1 and the way the whole program and the production of electric cars in general was eliminated (not proven but obviously due to pressure from the oil and gas industry). It reminded me of the CF-105 Avro Arrow that the Canadian government abandoned in February 1959 despite it's success and development putting Canada in the lead of the race to space. It just doesn't make sense - it stinks of corruption, greed, and evil - it makes me sad.

I am going to clean the house up a bit and go for a long shower now... and welcome in a bright clean hopeful 2010!


  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •