Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Friday, August 06, 2004

It's Gonna Be A Long One

It's gonna be a long day today. I have been on afternoon/evening shifts all week since I am currently training a new group of crisis line volunteers but we do not train on Friday's so this is the day that I get slammed back into my 9-5 schedule. It always feels like a kick in the head on Friday mornings because I am so tired and can't get enough coffee into me and then I always end up with a stomach ache feeling pukie because of all the coffee. I just finished my fourth cup of coffee for the morning and am just starting to feel quite ill right now!

I also picked up a phone room consultant shift tonight from 4pm-12am so it is going to be a long day... a sixteen hour day. I really don't mind and it never seems like a sixteen hour day since my work in the crisis centre is quite a bit different from my day job as the training coordinator. In the crisis centre it can get quite busy and even exciting at times. We do quite a few suicide assessments and rescues which can get quite hectic and you never really know what it is that you will be dealing with in a night. I am working with my co-worker Lori tonight (Lori is also the intake worker by day) and the phone room assistant tonight is my office mate Jessica (who is the Youth Coordinator by day) so it will definitely be a different mix in there. The full time and relief phone room consultants and assistance all seem to be away for holidays lately so quite a few other staff members have stepped up to the plate to help out in the crisis centre.

I am going to go now and try to book some interviews for my next training group!. It really seems like a never ending cycle, just as one group finishes I have to start rounding up a new group... and over, and over and over...
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •