Sasha's Reality Dial On The Net

Thursday, September 09, 2004

United Way Skate

Today was the kickoff of the United Way fundraiser. There was a public skate at the saddledome and someone had donated tons of pairs of skates and helmets for the kids. The boys and girls club and a bunch of other organizations brought down a bunch of their kids and I volunteered to help kids put on skates. For a bit I put on a pair of skates myself and helped this little boy who had never skated before go around the rink. Jess (my officemate) helped me, we both took a hand and he basically glided between us. I was pretty happy Jess showed up because before that I behind him crouched with both hands under his arms to keep him up. He was pretty cute, only about five or six years old and his first time ever on skates. His sister was a sweety as well, she actually picked up the skating really quick. The goal for this years campaign is 34 million... Hope all the Calgarians out there dig deep!
  • The Freeman Forum
  • Payten's Place
  • The Kimbells
  • Texan Jack
  • Trashman
  • Angi and The Boys
  • 63 Days
  • Jeanette
  • Dooce
  • HAPPINESS
  • DC MAIL
  •  
  •